Montessori Sports Fundamentals
The Montessori Training Center Northeast is partnering with Montessori Sports, an Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) accredited program, to deliver the Montessori Sports Fundamentals Course in the Northeastern United States. The Montessori Sports Fundamentals Course provides training on how to integrate Montessori principles within a school sports program. The aim is to bring a student-centered approach to sports environments and to bring sports to the very core of child development.
A little bit of history…
Ruben Jongkind, one of two founders of Montessori Sports, first discovered Montessori education while he was a coach at the world leading Ajax Amsterdam Football Academy. There he connected with Lynne Lawrence, the Executive Director of AMI. Impressed by the philosophy, Ruben began implementing Montessori principles into the Academy, with great success. Results were evident in the Europa League in 2017 and Champions League 2019, which had one of the youngest teams ever to perform at this level.
Ruben Jongkind and his partner Patrick Oudejans, founded Montessori Sports and formalized their partnership with Association Montessori Internationale (AMI), who have accredited their Montessori Sports Fundamentals Course. The Montessori Sports Fundamentals Course is an AMI Certificate Course and the credential is internationally recognized.
See details on the AMI Montessori Sports Fundamentals Course.
The Montessori Sports Fundamentals Course is a 40-hour AMI accredited online course with 4 prescheduled synchronous sessions:
- Feedback Session
- Exam Preparation
- Graduation Call
After you’ve completed this course you:
- Understand the connection between sports and Montessori education across all planes of development
- Understand how sports will contribute to overall child development across all planes of development
- Have acquired basic sports skills to present to the children
- Are able to prepare different learning environments for sports
- Are able to guide different Montessori sports sessions
- Are able to conduct observations on children during the sports sessions
- Receive an Montessori Sports Fundamentals certificate accredited by AMI
Course Fee: 447.50 EU*
*Use Discount Code – HARTFORD10 during registration