Applying and Admissions Process
Application for admission to MTCNE may be submitted at any time during the calendar year. Applications are considered active upon receipt of the application fee. Applications are processed upon receipt throughout the year for both the Summer and Academic Year programs.
We encourage you to submit your application and materials as far in advance of the course dates as possible. Applications are considered in the order received on a space-available basis. When a course is filled, successful candidates may request placement on a Waiting List and/or defer registration to the next consecutive course.
The application process from submission of the application packet to a decision as to the candidate’s status can take a minimum of 3-6 weeks. Upon acceptance, a candidate reserves a place in the course with a non-refundable registration fee of $500.00 The Teacher Training Course is limited to a maximum of 30 students. When a course is filled, successful candidates may request placement on a waiting list and/or defer registration to the next consecutive course.
1. The candidate for admission must submit the following documents
- Completed application form with signature and date
- Employment history/resume
- Autobiography (as described on the application form under “Please enclose the following”)
- Answers to two questions (as described on the application form under “Please enclose the following”)
- Official transcripts in sealed envelopes from each educational institution attended
- Three letters of reference – letters of reference must be written within three years of application date. Letters should include at least one professional reference; others may be personal or academic. The letters should reflect the writer’s knowledge and assessment of the applicant’s character, professional experience, and academic potential and, as applicable, interaction with children and aptitude for work in an alternative educational setting.
- Non-refundable application fee of $100.00 payable to Capitol Region Education Council (CREC). The application file will be considered “active” upon receipt of the application fee.
- Non-Native Speakers of English: TOEFL Scores – minimum score of 550
No action can be taken on an application for admission until all required materials, application fee, letters of reference and transcripts are received.
2. Personal Interview
A personal interview is required as part of the application for admission to the course. The interview will be scheduled when the application file is complete. Applicants from outside the New England area who are unable to visit the Training Center personally can schedule a personal interview to be conducted by telephone, at the applicant’s expense.
Following the personal interview, an applicant will be notified in writing as to the status of the application. If accepted, a non-refundable registration fee of $500.00. Payable to Capitol Region Education Council (CREC) is due within two weeks of notification. The registration fee reserves a successful candidate’s place in the course and will be applied toward initial tuition payment.
Applications should be sent to:
Montessori Training Center Northeast
1265 Asylum Avenue,
Hartford, CT 06105
c/o Tamar Serrano