NEW OFFERING: Montessori Orientation Courses ONLINE
AMI Montessori Orientation Information
The Montessori Training Center Northeast (MTCNE) is pleased to offer the Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) Montessori Orientation Courses. The AMI offerings formerly known as “Assistant Courses” have been relabeled to more accurately reflect the course content. The Orientations provide a great overview of the developmental age group from a Montessori perspective. Theory, practical applications, readings and discussion are a part of each age group offering. The successful completion provides the AMI Certificate.
The Montessori Orientation will:
- Give you an introduction to Montessori education
- Give you a basic understanding of children and how they learn
- Introduce you to the Montessori classroom environment
- Help you understand how adults support learning in the Montessori classroom
- Introduce you to the role of the Adult in an Infant/Toddler, Primary or Elementary Montessori classroom
- Give you practical guidelines on how to interact with children
- Give you practical guidelines on how to support the Guide in the Primary or Elementary Montessori classroom
The Montessori Orientation consists of 60 hours of class lectures, discussions and activities. Participants must also log 9 additional hours of observation to receive their certificate. Readings and written papers will be assigned throughout the training. Participants successfully completing the course will be awarded either the AMI Montessori Orientation 0-3 Certificate, the AMI Montessori Orientation 3-6 Certificate, or the AMI Montessori Orientation 6-12 Certificate depending on the break-out track the participant chooses.
Course Format: Online
Limited special “Stay at Home” rate, 20% off the normal fee of $900. Register now for $720!
60 hours total class time plus 9 hours additional observation time. Complete all course requirements, including the 9 hours of observation. Certificates will be awarded upon completion of observation hours and coursework.
Students registered for either course will start out together in a combined grouping for the first four sessions of the Montessori Orientation. For the final four sessions students will focus on content specific to the selected level (either Children’s House/ages 3-6 or Elementary/ages 6-12). Please let us know which section you prefer by registering for the appropriate level below.